Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crepes to write home about

Well after a two-month absence (sorry) I am back to blogging about the best of our dear Thessaloniki.  My friend Ryan says that a blog is like a pet - you have to feed it and take care of it faithfully for it to survive.  If my blog were a pet, it would be dead by now.  Fortunately, it's not a goldfish and I've found it right where I left it.  The hiatus has given me plenty of time to explore some new things in the city, and I've got lots to share.

Today, the topic is crepes.  Thessaloniki is famous for its many crepe shops, particularly in the Kamara area.  There is something about the combination of the smell of crepes and the incense being sold in the platia... it's a pretty great experience overall.

I've asked my university friends where to get the BEST, and they have recommended Valentino time and time again.



Most people like the classic sweet crepe with nutella and bananas/strawberries, but I like to go against the grain.  I have decided to bless the "world-wide web" with my contribution to the crepe world: a buffalo chicken crepe.

Okay don't knock it 'til you try it!  Order a crepe with breaded chicken and get them to put a bunch of tabasco sauce on it.  Add cheddar cheese, a little yogurt, tomatoes, green/red peppers, lettuce, and voila.  It's not ideal for buffalo chicken lovers like myself, but it does the trick when you're having a craving and you can't afford Friday's. : )

What's in your favorite crepe?

No comments:

Post a Comment