Thursday, February 3, 2011

Above the City

Have you ever had coffee at the OTE tower?  We see it all the time, but in case you didn't know, there's a rotating cafe at the top. 

I went with a girlfriend the other night and we had a really nice time checking out the views of the city while we had a chat.  We went after dark, but I recommend watching the sunset from here.  A great place for the 7 pm coffee if you stay a while.  My friend and I stayed for hours, and it was funny because the cafe turns slowly over time, but the bathroom doesn't because it's in the center.  I had a little trouble the 2nd time I searched for it...but this is an Andrea thing, not a cause for concern.

I got an excellent frappe with ice cream, but it cost me nearly my entire life savings.  Okay, just 8 Euros.  But that's a lot for people who don't have money to burn.  I mean - I could eat a decent meal for that - which is how I gauge whether or not a coffee is too expensive.  If you go the OTE tower, go for the experience of seeing the lovely Thessaloniki light up at night and grin and bear the price. 




Just one of the many views





No comments:

Post a Comment