Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Sunday afternoon coffee

Hey guys,

Sorry for the absence this past week... it's been a crazy one!  I was working a conference and throwing a thanksgiving feast with my American friends.  (Those of you who are Americans in Greece can relate to the difficulty of making those foods in this country!)  I was out and about plenty of times, but I am just now having the chance to upload some photos.

This afternoon my girlfriend Maro and I went out.  I tried Mongo's (the Mongolian Barbecue place) for the first time and really liked it.  You don't see a lot of Asian food around here, so it's nice to have once in a blue moon.  I like the concept of throwing a bunch of stuff into a bowl for your ingredients...it's so American to choose EXACTLY what will be in your meal.  Makes me homesick for Subway!  Anyone agree that this franchise needs to come our way??

But I digress.
The point of this entry is that Maro and I stopped at a great little cafe for coffee afterwards.  It's called "To Mikro" and it's one of those places that would be good anywhere, but what makes it awesome is the location.  There are some side streets near Agias Sofias church that have a really special atmosphere.  They are central, yet quiet.  You feel so posh and European sitting on the cobblestone, sipping a cappuccino...even if you're just out of college and 4 euros is all you can spend.  "To Mikro" is located right around the corner from the Agias Sofias courtyard, across from the school.  The area is called "Iktinou".  They've got a nice set-up with outdoor heaters and their filtered coffee is one of the best, says Maro.




No comments:

Post a Comment