Friday, October 29, 2010

Best Gyro in the Center?

As an American in Thessaloniki, I've had my fair share of gyros out and about.  They are cheap, delicious, and filling.  What's not to love?

With all the gyro shops around town, I just wanted someone to tell me where find the best.  After polling my Greek friends, most of them have told me that the best spot is this gyro shop right below the Egnatia in Aristotle square:


The place is always busy and the guys behind the counter are quite friendly - maybe a little too friendly.  But there's something energetic and fun about the atmosphere.  I like the gyros, but I find them to be a little on the salty side.  My perfect gyro has tirosalata, chicken, and everything else.  

So are the rumors true... do you agree that this is the best gyro in the Thessaloniki center?

3 comments:

  1. Great Job on the blog Andrea! I would have to say that my favorite Gyro Place was SPATA, which is right before this one in Aristotle sqaure, its just before you get to Egnatia. I never tried the place you have posted though. They are all very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah,definetely best gyros in Thessaloniki :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. this IS the best gyros I've ever had. completely correct!

    ReplyDelete